Sunday, August 14, 2011

Canning Summer's Goodness

I took the Ball Canning and Preserving challenge on Saturday to "Can it Forward". For my inspiration I used Better Homes and Gardens new publication "Canning". For my efforts I made Pickled Pear Tomatoes with Rosemary, Lemon and Bay Leaf Bean Pickles, Farmer's Market Corn Salsa and Best Ever Dill Pickles. Here are some of the jars finished.
I also chronicled the making of the Farmer's Market Corn Salsa.

I used my favorite Lock & Lock saucepan to prepare the corn, tomatoes, peppers, onions and spices for canning. I also used Ball's newest canning insert for use in my stockpot. In the past I always used a much larger canner but this little device is so easy to use it inspired to me to make a few small batches instead of 8-12 jars.

The recipes in the Canning book were so easy to follow. I even tried the newest Ball product "Pickle Crisp Granules" for my dill pickles. The product is designed to keep your pickles extra crispy.




No comments:

Post a Comment